Thursday 24 July 2014

Using Oils on Bisque

My ceramics didn't explode :-) But we (Neith & I) did create lots of support systems:

  • I dried them overnight at 40C in our small drying oven
  • I then soaked them at 100C in the Kiln
  • I fired them slowly (at 1) till 300C and then took the kiln slowly up to 1045
  • I then let it cool for a whole day and night!
Also I was worried that one would explode and damage the others
so I built walls with kiln stands around each figure so that they didn't damage the others it they did shatter :-)

And this is what I found when I unpacked the kiln this morning:

My Rough ostrich heads and bodies & my sample paper plans




I don't have time to glaze and fire before my crit, so Neith suggested I work into them with oils and vaseline/ turps...I can always burn it out if I don't like it.




 

Here are some parcel tags I have been experimenting with for a ceramic panel painting...They have to be 5x10 as I will hang them on fencing...


 


I think this is the image I may use...
bags web.jpg

A rough sketch exploring the tones on the bag:


web school bag drawing.jpg

My first Masters Crit Feedback: Focus on the stories and creating artists books and then come back to finishing my own work and possibly creating a book on Gender Issues as part of the Grade 11 & 12 Syllabus...



No comments:

Post a Comment